Notice of Runic Inscriptions Discovered During Recent Excavations in the
Orkneys Made By James Farrer, M.P.
The following is from Maes-Howe by James Farrer:
List of Plates
- I. General View of Maes-Howe from the N. E. (right)
- II. Interior View of Maes-Howe
- III. General Plan and Section of Maes-Howe
- IV. Plan of Central Chamber, Passages, and Cells
- V. Sections of East and West Sides of Chamber
- VI. Sections of North and South Sides of Chamber and
The numbers on Plates V and VI show the situation of the
slabs containing the Runic Inscriptions, which are numbered accordingly.
General View of Maes-Howe
- VII. Inscriptions Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- VIII. Do. Nos. 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- IX. Do. Nos. 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
- X. Do. Nos. 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- XI. Do. Nos. 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
The Inscriptions are drawn on a scale of 2 inches to one
Note that the copyright on this eBook has expired and it is
free to copy.